Residential Department (Valuations, Lettings and Management)
Residential Property to Let
If you are interested in renting a home within the City, then please check our website for details of available properties. Please note that due to current demand, we cannot always guarantee that properties advertised will be available at the time of enquiry.
Residential Property Management
With increasing Government legislation, including the 2004 Housing Act, it is vital that Landlords are aware of their responsibilities and commitments. Swift & Co. can provide professional advice.
We have been providing a full service to Landlords since 1936 whether to investors with major portfolios or to the first time Landlord commencing with one property. We can either:
1. Find you a tenant and set you up with the Tenancy Agreement ready to manage yourself; or;
2. We can carry out a full management service.
Peter H Swift FRICS is also Chairman of the Sheffield and District Landlord Association (SADLA) and has great experience in Landlord and Tenant matters.
Residential Surveys and Valuations
We carry out all types of surveys and valuations on residential property. These include Mortgage Valuations, Valuations for Acquisition and Homebuyer Reports. We also carry out full building or structural surveys.
For further information see Survey and Valuation Department
Basic Tenant Finding Service
- Advertising to let;
- Accompanied viewing;
- Obtaining tenant references and vetting procedure;
- Preparation of Tenancy Agreement and serving of notices;
- Ensuring tenants are aware of their responsibilities and in particular with respect to gas, water, electricity, drainage and Council Tax;
- Collection of first month's rent and bond (the latter to be forwarded to the client's nominated deposit scheme).
Full Management Service
In addition to finding a tenant, as above, this also includes:
- Collection of monthly rents;
- Preparation of statements for the Landlord, normally quarterly but other periods can be agreed;
- Forwarding balance of rent and statement to the Landlord at the quarter dates;
- Internal inspections during tenancy;
- Arrangement of repairs by reliable local contractors;
- Check-in and Check-out procedure including full Inventory/ Schedule of Condition;
- Tenants Deposit Scheme.
A full letting and/or Management Contract will be provided upon which our agreement with you is based. We are experienced in lettings and management to the highest standards with knowledge of the relevant housing legislation. As members of SADLA, Swift and Co support the Local Authority and the Universities Responsible Landlord Scheme.
For further details and enquiries on property management contact Peter H. Swift, FRICS or John Stothard on 0114 2651023